Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rain Rain...


Currently Tropical Storm Hanna is having some fun outside my window. This pretty much means I'm stuck indoors for the day. I know hurricanes are supposed to be scary...but here in VA all we pretty much ever get is a ton of rain and a little wind. The three tornado warnings this summer were much more frightening than Hanna.

So I'm week 2 into the new semester and so far so good. My classes that I teach are extremely fulfilling. Yesterday I had a very surreal moment. mid-teach i realized that I am very comfortable in front of my classes. even when I make silly mistakes, at the end of the day I feel confident this is where I'm supposed to be. I love that feeling. Even though everything else is up in the air, I can at least fall asleep at night knowing I made the right decision and that is comforting.

My two sets of classes are very different but both are falling into a good rhythm. I'm the mean teacher who has the quiz scheduled for Monday, but they'll be fine.
The only part of the year that I'm not really enjoying would be the classes I'm taking. On paper they look like really good classes, Health Communication, Political Communication, and Teaching Comm. but in all three I am bored out of my mind. This seems to be an overall problem. I try like hell to pay attention and still, I'm left staring at the clock begging it to go faster. Hopefully they will get better as the semester gets going. I'm not holding my breath though.

Well I'm gonna take advantage of this rainy day and clean and get some work done hopefully.

No comments: